Eugene, United States
Eugene is situated in the Pacific Northwest in the U.S state of Oregon. Here you will find the most bike-friendly communities in the country, giving extensive network of paths and trails throughout the city.
Places to visit-
- Hayward Field- It is a field stadium and historic track named after Coach Bill Hayward.
- Cascades Raptor Center –Fantastic place to visit with children or school groups. The center rehabilitates injured birds.
- Museum of Natural and Cultural History- gives a brief description on the history of mankind. Replicas of Fossils and evolution of animals from millions of years ago.
- Maude Kerns Art Center– If you are an art lover than you must shop from the galleries of this art center.
- Autzen Stadium- The stadium draws 54,000 fans and more. Fans come from all over Oregon to watch exciting football.
- Hult Center for the Performing Arts- A beautiful venue for every kind of performance.
- Mount Pisgah- One of the favorite places of people of Eugene. The hike to the top is challenging, there is a great "wildflower" hike through a valley of oaks, and a hike that follows the Willamette River.
- Eugene Saturday Market - The market has 4 large areas on 2 streets, packed with fresh food, flowers, several lunch vendors, places to sit and eat, and many wonderful handmade craft booths at reasonable prices.
- McKenzie River National Recreation Trail -This water fall is awesome in summer or winter.
- Owen Rose Garden – This place is a hidden gem in Eugene, tucked near the freeway, close to the Willamette River.
- Ninkasi Brewery – This brewery make a nice array of beers. You can get samples if you want.
Where to stay?
- Best Western Grand Manor Inn, Springfield- This hotel has large and beautiful rooms with free Wi Fi and complimentary breakfast.
- Campbell house Inn- This is situated in downtown of Eugene and provides the facility of complimentary breakfast and free Wi Fi.
- Valley River Inn- This hotel is surrounded by greenery all around and is the best place to relax.